Part of Solution
The Climate Resilience game that this solution is designing has these unique characteristics for its target population of urban youth in Asia:
- Helps them visualize the complexity of problem solving through self-directed exploration to solve common resilience challenges, survive in different future scenarios or states of climate uncertainty, and require them to make decisions.
- Provides them with immediate feedback on their in-game choices to promote resilience. Games create a compelling need to learn, assimilate and master certain skills and content areas. Failure can lead to improved solutions. Players can learn new material through a game – allowing them to demonstrate increased understanding, better retention, and higher quality learning outcomes than those who learn the same material through traditional studies.
- Helps them understand the multi-sectoral challenges policy makers and private sector leaders face.
- Helps move them to become more active members of society, change personal behaviors, and connect with like-minded individuals intent on advocating for social change and action.
- Connects with other students and youth from across South and Southeast Asia to identify common solutions and how they can integrate “resilience thinking” into their future career pursuits or professionn