Problem DescriptionJean Lafitte has created a comprehensive resiliency plan called Jean Lafitte Tomorrow that combines previous planning efforts and studies to create a roadmap to guide decisions related to economic, social and physical resiliency. The plan was created by Dover, Kohl and Partners with the assistance of The Center for Planning Excellence. The plan was guided by town officials and staff members, as well as, hundreds of Jean Lafitte, Lafitte, Crown Point and Barataria residents. The plan was formally adopted by the Jean Lafitte Town Council at a meeting in April of 2013.
Sustainable Development Goals
On September 25th 2015, countries adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. This solution covers the following goals:
Social Progress Index
- Jean Lafitte Tomorrow Town Resiliency Plan
This comprehensive plan that will serve the town well as we move forward in rebuilding from recent hurricanes and the BP Oil Spill.
- Center for Planning Excellence (Principle Author)
- CSRS, Inc. (Planning Partner)
- Dover, Kohl & Partners (Planning Partner)
- ECONorthwest (Planning Partner)
- Hall Planning & Engineering, Inc. (Planning Partner)
- Shaw Coastal Engineering (Planning Partner)
- The Street Plans Collaborative (Planning Partner)
- Waggoner & Ball Architects (Planning Partner)