Problem DescriptionOurs To Own is a growing movement of people making small investments — $20 or more — to strengthen the cities we live in and love. We are reclaiming the basic concept of investing: pooling together smaller amounts of money to create bigger impact, for the common good.
- Small Investments in Local Entrepreneurs and Organizations
- Partner with community organizations to identify best use of funds
- "Investment" Money is Provided as Loans
- Investors share in the returns, financially and socially
- Vested.org micro-investment - Platform Technology Supporting Social Outcomes
- Local Funding for Twin Cities, Denver, Baltimore
Social Progress Index
- Ours to Own Website
Creating the cities we want to see can't be done solely by big corporations, big industry, or the government. It takes the people living in these cities – those who are invested in creating positive change in their communities. The Ours To Own campaign is a national movement built on the belief that citizens should be able to invest in building the future they want in their cities.
Solution StageOne of the 7 stages of an innovation. Learn more
|STAGE||SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED||EXAMPLE ACTIVITIES||RISK LEVEL AND HANDLING||FINANCE REQUIRED||KINDS OF EVIDENCE GENERATED||GOAL|
|Growing scaling and spreading6||Strong leadership, management, implementation skills|
|Evidence derived from evaluations in multiple sites, and independently run randomised control trials||Innovation or impact at scale|