Problem DescriptionThe goal of Social Enterprise Greenhouse is to help create more successful, sustainable social enterprises in New England, which we contend will deliver social good overall, and help transform the economics and the quality of life of our region. To do this we will need to build a pipeline of talented social entrepreneurs; help them build business acumen, through a range of services, collaborations, and events; make markets by improving the visibility of these enterprises and aggregating demand for their services; drive collaboration across organizations, funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Venture Development: 101 Workshops - Building Blocks for Social Entrepreneurs
- Venture Development: Social Enterprise Accelerator
- Venture Development: Social Enterprise Forum
- Venture Development: "Huddle" for Later Stage Social Enterprise
- Access to Capital for Social Enterprise
- Social Enterprise Partnering with Universities
- Financial Management Support for Social Enterprises
Social Enterprise Greenhouse creates positive social and economic impacts by supporting social entrepreneurs and enterprises with the tools and networks they need to thrive. We are a network of business and community leaders who contribute time, expertise and money to create jobs and support positive change through social enterprise.
Solution StageOne of the 7 stages of an innovation. Learn more
|STAGE||SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED||EXAMPLE ACTIVITIES||RISK LEVEL AND HANDLING||FINANCE REQUIRED||KINDS OF EVIDENCE GENERATED||GOAL|
|Developing and implementing5||Strong leadership, management, implementation skills|
|A robust and detailed case developed through formal evaluation and evidence gathering – use of a control group to isolate impact||An implemented and sustainable innovation|